Do I have to get high?
Do I have to smoke cannabis?
Can anyone qualify?
How long will it take to get approval?
What is involved in the application process?
Is MCS affiliated with any medical product company?
What if i do not pass the appointment screening process?
Can my health insurance cover the cost of the consultations and/or the cost of medicinal cannabis?
When is treatment with medicinal cannabis contraindicated?
Contraindications for medicinal cannabis treatment Products containing THC are generally not appropriate for patients who:
- Have a history of hypersensitivity to any cannabinoid or to smoke (if the cannabis is smoked)
- Have severe cardio-pulmonary disease with occasional hypo-tension (low blood pressure), possible hypertension (high blood pressure), syncope (loss of consciousness) or tachycardia (rapid heart rate)
- Suffer from respiratory diseases such as asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Patients with severe liver or renal disease, including chronic hepatitis C
- Have a personal history of psychiatric disorders or a family history of schizophrenia
- Have a history of substance abuse
- severe liver or renal disease
- Are women of childbearing age not on a reliable contraceptive, planning to become pregnancy, are pregnant, or are breastfeeding.
How does a telemedicine consultation work?
I am already using cannabis, why should I use product prescribed by your doctors?
Is there follow up care required?
What are the side effects of medicinal cannabis?
How does medical cannabis affect driving? Is it allowed?
Drug driving is a criminal offense. Care must be taken when consuming medical cannabis not to drive while under the influence of cannabis. Patients should consult with their doctor before driving or operating large machinery and equipment. Medical cannabis does not affect all patients the same way. Both CBD and THC can cause adverse reactions with other medications and currently these affects are not all known. THC takes many days to clear the system and can be found in urine for many days following use. All states in Australia have Mobile Drug Testing and can show cannabis use up to 12 hours after use.
Patients should not drive or operate machinery while being treated with medicinal cannabis that contains THC. All states in Australia have Mobile Drug Testing. Currently all drivers that test positive will be charged.
How much does medication cost from a Licensed Commercial Producer?
How can I buy medical cannabis? What forms are available?
How do I get my medications? Where do they come from?
Is medical cannabis covered by the PBS Scheme?
How much will it cost?
Medical Cannabis Services is a private clinic and charges an out-of-pocket fee of $300 + GST (please note that out of pocket costs for QLD based patients is $400 + GST due to additional regulatory requirements). When making payment please use your first initial and last name in the comments/description box. Eg M. Smith
RCSWMMS Pty. Ltd.
Follow up and ongoing monitoring consultations will be performed at no cost to you.
What conditions qualify?
How do I get approval for medicinal cannabis?
To start simply fill out the patient registration form.